Skip to main content

MyStart: International

About the program

  • What is MyStart: International?

    MyStart: International is a free orientation program for international, exchange and visiting scholars (both graduate and undergraduate).

    During MyStart: International, you will:

    • Meet other new students.
    • Connect with upper-year students.
    • Identify support services on campus you can use.
    • Learn how to get the most from your university experience.

    Note: You should register for both MyStart: International and the New Arrival Support Program, as they are different programs.

    Topics covered in MyStart: International are not the same as those in the Graduate Student Orientation. We highly recommend you attend all orientations that are relevant to you.

    *This event is mandatory for all first-year international students.

  • When is it?

    My Start: International is usually held in August and January of each year.

  • Register for MyStart: International
  • Campus map and transportation options

    For driving and public transportation (bus) instructions for getting to campus, use the Get directions option on the campus maps website.

    By selecting From an address, you can enter exactly where you're starting from and where on campus you would like to arrive (includes driving, walking and public transit details).

Required documents

  • Campus/Student ID

    If you decide to get your campus ID card on orientation day, please note that you will need to bring the following documents:

    • Your university-produced class schedule (can be electronic) to confirm your student ID number.*
    • One piece of valid government-issued photo ID such as your passport, driver's licence, etc.

    *Note: You can get your ID as soon as you have registered for your courses. The Campus ID office will accept your Letter of Acceptance to start your campus ID process, but your card is printed only after you've completed your registration. Your card will be available immediately, providing you meet all the above requirements.

    For more information on campus IDs, including ID office location, hours and required documents, visit the campus ID section of the university website.

  • Study permit

    It is mandatory that you bring your study permit to MyStart: International or New Arrival Support Program (NASP).