Skip to main content

Visiting the United States

Do I need a U.S. visa to visit the United States?

A Canadian study permit or visa does not guarantee you entry into the U.S. In general, citizens of foreign countries must first obtain a U.S. visa to enter the United States. Some travelers may be eligible for the U.S. Visa Waiver Program, which allows travelers to enter the United States for up to 90 days for business or pleasure without a visa.

For all of the above and more, visit the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service website.

U.S. visa information session

The U.S. Consulate General of Toronto visited our university on September 23 to provide information on visa categories and the application process.  

Note: The information and policies presented at the time of this video's creation may have since changed.