Skip to main content

Partners working in Canada

Spouses/partners of students

Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to get a work permit while you are here on a study permit.

Once your spouse or common-law partner has a valid work permit, they will need to get a Social Insurance Number in order to work

New Permanent Residents

If you or your spouse/partner have recently become a permanent resident, the following resources may help you gain Canadian work experience.

The Government of Canada has established several programs and resources to assist new immigrants:

Agencies for women