Skip to main content

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

An eTA is an entry requirement for travelers from visa-exempt countries who fly to or transit through Canada. This visa will be valid for five years or until the passport you used to apply for your eTA expires. 

To find out if you require a TRV or eTA to enter Canada, visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website. 

How do I apply?

The application for an electronic travel authorization (eTA) is online on the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada website 

What are the processing times?

You will get an email about your eTA application. Most applications are approved within minutes.