Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Extension

A TRV (also referred to as an entry visa) is a sticker placed inside your passport that gives you permission to enter and re-enter Canada. This sticker does not give you status in Canada. It is not your temporary resident status document (i.e. study permit or work permit).  

Please note: You cannot apply for your study permit and TRV at the same time. After you have received your new study permit then you can apply for your TRV.

To find out if you require a TRV or eTA to enter Canada, visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website. 

Eligible travellers from 13 more countries now qualify for visa -free travel to Canada. Please check more information on the IRCC website

Frequently asked questions