Skip to main content
Service notice A widespread outage affecting Microsoft customers is impacting some of our Ontario Tech systems. Our IT team is currently assessing its impact and more information will be shared as it is available. The university remains open, and classes are operating as scheduled.

Working in Canada

You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. You can not work before your studies begin.

You can work on/off-campus, without a work permit, if you:

  • Are a full-time student during the academic session before and after their regularly scheduled break.
  • Have a valid study permit and your study permit must state a condition that says you’re allowed to work on/off-campus. 
  • Have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

To learn more, check out these resources: