Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Outbound exchange: The world awaits

Ontario Tech University has many opportunities for students who are interested in gaining an international learning experience. When students participate in an outbound international exchange, they are eligible to receive and transfer credits that can be used towards a degree from our university. Students who participate in an exchange at one of our partner institutions will continue to pay Ontario Tech tuition and selective ancillary fees at the partner institution. 

Please review the following mandatory steps if you are interested in participating in an outbound international exchange:

  1. Attend an information session regarding outbound exchange.
  2. Book an appointment with the International Education office to discuss exchange options.
  3. Submit an Outbound Exchange Application.
  4. Review partner institutions and courses offered.
  5. Meet with an Academic Advisor to review course requirements.
  6. Complete a Study Plan/Transfer Credit Form and have it approved and signed by an Academic Advisor.
  7. Submit Study Plan/Transfer Credit Form to the International Education.
  8. Wait for approval and a formal nomination from the International Education office.
  9. Receive a nomination confirmation letter from the International Education office.
  10. Apply directly to the partner institution.
  11. Accept the offer from the host institution.
  12. Register for exchange courses at the Registrar’s office.
  13. Pay tuition/credit fees to the Registrar’s office.
  14. Attend a mandatory pre-departure session with the International Office; contact the International Office to learn about an upcoming pre-departure session.

Submit all travel documents to the International Office.

If you are interested in participating in an outbound international exchange or would like to learn more about the opportunities, please contact the International Office by emailing